What is the process of depositing securities?
- Visit a participant with the certificates you want to immobilize.
- Be sure you have already opened an account or are ready to do so.
- You will be issued with and assisted to complete a Security Deposit Form.
- Sign your form with the signature used when buying the shares.
- Return the form to the participant together with the certificates you have included on the form to be deposited.
- You will be given a receipt as evidence of your deposit.
- The participant will forward the form and the certificate to CDS
- CDS will forward the certificates and forms to the companyâ€™s shares registrar for verification.
- When the registrar confirms the certificates as genuine, the shares will be deposited in your account.
- Once the shares are in your account you can trade in them.